Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Finished stuff

I finally got the paint colour I wanted and finished this dress. I love the sound of "burnt umber". It sounds so autumnal and perfect for a tree I think. Usually paint colours' names are, um, creative, but this one just sounds right.
Anyway, this is what burnt umber looks like painted onto dusky pink satin, sewn onto a sage green dress.
Now, do I keep it or sell it? I still haven't tried it on Isabella, largely because she has a cold and I keep envisioning a huge messy sneeze just as I pull it over her head, and then deciding that it isn't her colour and I shouldn't keep it.

The other finished garment is this dress. Another one I really like - oh how I love seaming concave and convex curves together - especially with piping in the seams.

The printed panel on this one was done with a craft punch and freezer paper, but I have visions of this dress done in any number of ways - contrasting fabric for one panel, closely toning different fabrics for each panel, different seam treatments, heavy winter fabrics, lightweight summer fabrics.......

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, both are lovely, but the paneled one is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could almost make me want another little girl to wear your creations. Almost. ;) I especially like the paneled one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are lovely, your girl is lucky! I wouldn't be able to let go and sell these, they're so cute! I really wish you'd sell your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! What pattern did you use for the tree dress?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these. It's fun to see the subdued styles and colors given the sea of frilly pink girl clothes.

    ReplyDelete