Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And it's done.

Well, I finished my dress. Here it is. Front:

Back:

It fits well and looks just how I envisioned, but it leaves me feeling sort of "meh". The fact that I look so sour in these photos really doesn't help! I used the timer instead of getting David to take them because he isn't coming home for lunch today and by the time he gets home after work the light will be too gloomy. Perhaps it'd be a happier dress if I was wearing it out to dinner instead of quickly putting it on for a couple of photos before getting back into warmer clothes!

11 comments:

  1. Some dark stockings, the right jewellery and a candle lit dinner. You won't feel meh at all. I particularly like the drape at the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I like it, Grumpy Gus. And I think Gail is right, you just need to take it out for a night on the town to change it's mood and all will be forgiven. ;-)

    (Just noticed your red hair... I guess I don't pay much attention. I like it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'll join the chorus of liking the dress. I think David really needs to take you out to dinner so that you get over the 'mehs'. In fact, he's almost obligated to so that the hours you put in won't be wasted ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great! Maybe some time away from it will help, or some summer weather...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! So graceful and the leaf embellishment is so pretty. It totally needs a night out on the town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is lovely. I love the leaf embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - really lovely, I love your decoration and the style is really feminine and fun. It's not a style that says, "dunedin winter" to me so you are just not going to get the gratification of going out looking gorgeous just yet. But your time will come. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!Lovely dress and it looks gorgeous on you.The embellishments looks very beautiful on it.lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your dress. It looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete